I'm writing this review after 40 days of use this IQOO 9 SE 5G. The following are my obervations on the phone which I hope may be useful for the prospective buyers:
1. Battery: I'm a minimal user of mobile and use it for social media interactions, news reading and little bit of market watching. The battery performance was quite satisfactory for the intitial 15 days. Thereafter, all of a sudden it started draining very fast. Earlier a single charge was enough for whole day and now at least twice I have to charge. What is most worrying is during idle hours of the night 8 to 9% of the battery gets drained!! This was 2 to 3% initially. I take extra care to restrict back ground power usage for all apps and also dis-allow auto start, dis-allow data/wifi to all the apps except when they are being used. The recent system update also did not resolve this issue. Company needs to consider this issue on priority.
2. The call recording facility is not at all useful. It is made known to both the parties through big announcement which is really embarrassing. Company cites the reason of complying with legal constaints. In that case they could have withdrawn that facility itself rather than keeping it as will not serve any purpose as no one will like to know the other party that he is recording the call. They could have removed that both party 'warning' feature by incorporating some agreement clause to be signed/agreed by the user to the extent that he is aware of the law regulating call recording and he is fully responsible for the legal consequences. This is the dire need of the hour as most of the phones in the market do have it already.
3. The storage files, message interface etc are also not so user friendly unlike earlier flagship phones of Vivo.
Very few problems arises after 3.7.2 update.....
1. Batter starts draining faster than before.
2. Animation problem in home screen when any app closes or when phone unlocked.
Kinjal, 25 Mar 2022I am planning to buy this IQOO 9 SE phone but i heard it's has battery drain and heating ... moreIam using this phone since last 15 days. I daily using my phone for basic task like web-browsing, social media and YouTube video. And taking 10-20 pics daily and record 1 video everyday. For this use I got around 7 and half to 8 hours of SOT , which is decent for Snapdragon 888 with 4500 mah battery. While gaming phone drain faster and get around 5hr of SOT with around 2-3 hrs of gaming. It doesn't heat that much and unconfortable to hold but getting warmer after gaming.
azhdaha, 17 Mar 2022Is anyone facing performance issues with Call of duty and Genshin Impact? These games can'... moreI play genshin at high res and 60 fps
Fps is maintained for fair amount of time but after 45 min fps starts to drop.
dannyboi, 03 Apr 2022The phone stays a few degrees at room temp when using social media and other light application... morecan you test genshin impact game at high or extreme graphics.
will it be able to play smoothly.
The phone stays a few degrees at room temp when using social media and other light applications, if my temp is around 30 then its 33 and so on. The 888 on this is really optimized. Only during charging it gets hot, but will cool down once the charging gets to 80% and room temp by 95%.
dannyboi, 28 Mar 2022Battery backup: 6+hrs sot( normal day-outdoors-mobile data etc), can exceed that if you will b... moreThanks for updates. Are you use this device ? In normal apps it's getting little warm (36 Celcius) then it's fine.
Koishi Komeiji, 28 Mar 2022the phone is overheat if you open apps, because its SoC with Samsung semiconductor. Blame Sams... moreThanks for your feedback but are you use IQOO 9SE device ? I am worry about getting warm while using some lite apps and social media apps.
Techy007, 11 Mar 2022Does it have screen flickering issues?I may not be sensitive to that, i didnt notice any in my unit, also no green tint issues, there is a slight color shift at extreme viewing angles.
Kinjal, 25 Mar 2022I am planning to buy this IQOO 9 SE phone but i heard it's has battery drain and heating ... moreBattery backup: 6+hrs sot( normal day-outdoors-mobile data etc), can exceed that if you will be watching movies and shows, at home on wifi.
will be cool as room temp, not heating while using social media or any light apps in day to day usage, will get warm( Not hot) when playing heavy games and 4k recording.
Try to go through all permissions on apps and google services, disable the un-necessary stuff to gain speed and battery life.
Koishi Komeiji, 28 Mar 2022the phone is overheat if you open apps, because its SoC with Samsung semiconductor. Blame Sams... moreI own one for a week now, its every bit as opposite as you say, its actually cool in day to day tasks. Will only get warm if we play intensive games or record 4k footage.
battery life is good for a day, Am ending days with 30-40% left at 6hr sot, this is light usage with only social media, entertainment and calls, Inside home with wifi. It also gives little less similar battery when on outdoors.
Do note i run the device with most of google's permissions disabled as i dont understand their need for all that services and the excess battery drain that they offer with that.
Anonymous, 28 Mar 2022Expect 7-8hrs of sot. It doesn't heat on normal usageare you use iqoo 9 se ?
Kinjal, 25 Mar 2022I am planning to buy this IQOO 9 SE phone but i heard it's has battery drain and heating ... morethe phone is overheat if you open apps, because its SoC with Samsung semiconductor. Blame Samsung for making Snapdragon's flagship processor overheat. Unless TSMC still great and can control temperature than Samsung. if the phone still overheat issue, iQOO will promise to deliver optimization update for SoC as soon. i'm glad they threw Samsung away and put TSMC to be their flagship processor's semiconductors (SD8gen2)
I am planning to buy this IQOO 9 SE phone but i heard it's has battery drain and heating issue.
Here is some questions which i need feedback from your side.
1) Battery backup with 120 hrz and 50-60 % brightness. (SOT)
2) It's is heat while watching YouTube, Facebook, Instagram (I am not playing much game ya but some time paying BGMI)? (It's is heat while using normal task i heard a lot for this)
Techy007, 11 Mar 2022Does it have screen flickering issues?Yes
Is anyone facing performance issues with Call of duty and Genshin Impact? These games can't seem to run at 60 fps not even at the lowest graphics settings. All other games like Asphalt and BGMI are working just fine.
Techy007, 11 Mar 2022Does it have screen flickering issues?Nope
Does iqoo 9 se supports 4g band 1,3,5,8,40,41?