Anonymous, 21 Nov 2023The batery life sucks but the camra and screen is really nice.Bought this phone 3 weeks ago... Im getting regular 5-7 SoT. Switched from Zenfone 9 and battery is quite similar (Im shocked, because I was sure that battery will be much worse on Pixel 7).
The batery life sucks but the camra and screen is really nice.
Hmm..Pixel 7. As a natural born flagshipper, got one and now going back to Samsung because:
1. fingerprint sensor actually really sucks. Hate retrying, or typing (long) password
2. lot of smart functions simply don't work, because of language limitations or bugs. Can't even tell camera to make picture or alarm to snooze. Also a unique double-tap doesn't work (but LOL it works on Samsung).
3. heavy. I hate heavy phones, but I have no choice very often:(((((((((((( Manufacturers, STOP this madness already. Enough is enough.
4. slow. The economic CPU shifts you several generations back to past.
5. I didn't get used to swapped Power and Volume keys in 1/2 a year. What a stupid idea. What an ""innovation"".
6. camera makes you ugly, a caricature of yourself, and draws nonexisting wrinkles. Not a problem for me, as i don't care about pictures, but the person that received the phone hates the pictures. A "crippled camera" of the Flip makes better pictures. Interesting.
It's still pretty good. But I've got the one and only Flip again. That one made me happy in the past. And held record in loyalty, i've had it for almost 2 years, which is insane (in my case, usually flippin' 5 phones a year).
Anonymous, 12 Nov 2023thanks, I'll consider this, but how comes the P7 doesn't have 5G? i read it hasThe Pixel 7 has 5G hardware but 5G connectivity is BLOCKED by Google just like it blocked VoLTE in some countries.
5G connectivity only works if you use your Pixel phone in a VERY FEW supported countries. If you travel outside those supported countries, you will lose 5G connectivity. Pixel 5G support is not limited to 'FIRST WORLD' countries as one ignorant person mentioned here. 5G is supported in India which isn't a 'FIRST WORLD' country, and many 'FIRST WORLD' countries are not actually supported.
This selective and restrictive '5G' connectivity behavior is unique to Pixel phones only. Other phones from Samsung, Xiaomi, Oneplus, Oppo, Vivo, and even iPhones don't have this ARTIFICIAL geographic restriction of 5G connectivity.
Google lies to its teeth claiming it is the local network that is restricting 5G connectivity for the Pixel but many users, modders and developers have since debunked this by showing the exact code that Google uses in the geographical restriction of 5G connectivity.
The only way to get 5G in a Pixel phone when traveling to or using it in an unsupported country is to root the phone and modify the configuration file that is responsible for Google's 5G software block in Pixel phones.
Here's how to get over the 5G geographical restriction: (root required): https://xdaforums.com/t/video-how-google-blocks-5g-for-unlisted-countries-explained.4234521/
What else I found not being good on my Pixel 7:
1. Very often when being called I can't answer the phone, there's no option. The phone is ringing, but no answering slider or red/green button are present.
2. Double tap to open/lock the phone does not exist.
3. Very often I have to press a physical button to open the phone, because screen touch is not reacting.
4. Option Shhh does nothing. If I don't want to answer the phone tilting the phone (Samsung for example) silence the ringing straight away.
5. Snooze alarm works only if I press button "Snooze". If I don't wake up, the phone will not alarm again. On Samsung, you can set how many times the alarm will be repeated if you don't hear it. Snooze works if you tilt the phone upside down.
Few times I was late to work because phone did not wake me up - alarm melody run only ones.
6. Photo app is rubbish with almost no customisation: size of folders for example.
If you use cloud backup, it offers cleaning space every while. If you accept it by mistake, all photos will be deleted from your phone.
If you download them again, they do not go to their original folders, so you have to sort them all again. I personally use about 30 folders for pictures/videos.
7. All Google Widgets are with almost no customisations: transparency for example.
8. Pixel 7 does not allow even third part clipboard to keep memorised clips for more than 1hr.
9. The camera is slow.
10. All Google apps are updating almost weekly "Bug fixes and performance improvements".
How many bugs those apps have?
11. If you want features that are this phone lacking, you have to download apps and give rights for their developers to see your data. I'm rather to have features integrated by Google: double tap for example, or picture resize.
12. Picture resize not part of Photo App. Unbelievable. Every phone I had was with that option.
13. Bad battery
15. Network settings are rubbish
16. Ugly and huge tiles easily pressed by mistake
17. Weight. The phone is 15-20% heavier that phones from other manufacturers that are offering the similar screen and battery
18. It's the most slippery phone I ever had
19. For 3-button navigation, not possible to rearrange order. For me, is much better if "go back" button is close to my thumb. I use it much more often than "home" button.
20. All these are reported to Google many times. You can see threads everywhere.
Google does not care, and that is why my next phone won't be Pixel.
21. I can put more if needed.
ithehappy, 16 Nov 2023If pixel 7 is not taking natural looking photos then which phone is?I know that every phone I had in the last 10 years makes photos looking more natural than the phone I purchased few months ago (Pixel 7).
I know two people having Pixel 7, and their phones are not different from mine.
Photos are too dark, washed, and faces look like painted with water paints.
Kids are having black eyes like they didn't sleep, and it is worse on tanned skin.
Pixel 7 does not have 50 megapixel camera as Google is stating, the camera is 12.5 megapixels and even RAW pictures are 12.5 Mpx.
Pixel 7 stand out with photos taken in dark, and that's it.
I'm happy if your phone makes good photos for you, but mine does not do what I expected, not even close. IMO photos my Pixel 7 is taking are very bad.
Anonymous, 13 Nov 2023video over usb-c and something like "dex" is not something everyone needs, and the p... moreYou should try traveling internationally and own a 5G phone from a Samsung, a Xiaomi, an iPhone, a Oneplus, an Oppo or a Vivo before you open your mouth so you'll know what you're talking about.
Anonymous, 05 Nov 2023Only get the Pixel 7 if you are willing to compromise on everything else (no 5G, no VoLTE, no ... morevideo over usb-c and something like "dex" is not something everyone needs, and the phone has no 5G and volte ONLY if you live in a third world country, and you're most likely from there considering you brought that bs up as a point
Anonymous, 12 Nov 2023thanks, I'll consider this, but how comes the P7 doesn't have 5G? i read it hasIf you are using a Pixel in a country where the phone was never officially launched/released by Google, not all 5G services might be available in this country.
For me, the biggest disappointment is camera.
If you prefer natural looking photos go away from Pixel 7.
If you prefer features, do the same, don't choose Pixel 7.
If you prefer customisation, don't go for Pixel 7.
Apart from that, it's heavy and slippery, it tends to get hot, battery is mediocre...
Good points; photos taken under low lights and anything else.
Anonymous, 12 Nov 2023thanks, I'll consider this, but how comes the P7 doesn't have 5G? i read it hasI can confirm in the UK 5G works on this phone.
Anonymous, 05 Nov 2023Only get the Pixel 7 if you are willing to compromise on everything else (no 5G, no VoLTE, no ... morethanks, I'll consider this, but how comes the P7 doesn't have 5G? i read it has
Anonymous, 04 Nov 2023I want your opinion guys, should i get Pixel 7 or galaxy s22? which are the pros and cons?Only get the Pixel 7 if you are willing to compromise on everything else (no 5G, no VoLTE, no VoNR, no ViLTE, limited software update support, no wireless screen mirroring, no Dex mode, no 3G/4G/5G band selection, no video out over USB C, etc.). The Pixels are one-trick ponies. Remove their camera software superiority and you're left with a largely average phone that costs more than what other brands offer for the specs. Buy the Pixel phones for their camera superiority and nothing else, and you won't be disappointed.
I want your opinion guys, should i get Pixel 7 or galaxy s22? which are the pros and cons?
Anonymous, 13 Oct 2023Interesting connection between Symbian "fans" and flat Earth and Moon landing.
Andr... moreIt was meant for symbian fans who can't let go of the old glorious days of Nokia. They keep on claiming symbian is the best operating system in the world and that Google's android is crap.
Well I simply likened that claim to the claim by the flat earthers who insist the earth is really flat or the claim by conspiracy theorists that man never landed on the moon and that 1969 Apollo 11 landing was faked.
The analogy was meant as sarcasm for these diehard symbian fans. It's also meant as a sarcasm for a certain subset of these symbian fans who own the Nokia Pureview 808 and claim its photo quality is still on par with and even superior to modern flagship android phones when the truth is, even modern midrange android phones have long surpassed the photographic prowess of the once reigning mobile photography champion, the Nokia Pureview 808.
Anonymous, 12 Oct 2023Yes, symbian is the best phone OS ever... for users who continue to live in the past - in the ... moreInteresting connection between Symbian "fans" and flat Earth and Moon landing.
Android in 2010 certainly supported 4G, 5G and even 6G.
Anonymous, 12 Oct 2023Okay I'm gonna need your help guys.
Pixel 7 (8/128) or A54 (8/256) for long term use (3... moreIf all you want is great low light photo and video quality and don't care for all the rest of the phone specs and features, get the Pixel 7.
On the other hand, if you want a phone that has longer software support than the Pixel 7, a phone that supports 5G SA and 5G NSA, VoLTE and ViLTE, and VoNR even in countries the phone has not been released, get the Samsung A54. Google intentionally blocked support for 5G on the Pixel 7 if used in a country the Pixel 7 was never released. The Android 14 software update retains the geographical blocking/restriction of 5G in Pixel phones by Google.